Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Tuesday 17 January 2017

The Importance of Combining Friends and Creativity

Rachel

 

     So I’ve just seen the new movie La La Land (OMG so good) and it made me think a lot about the creative process and the path it can take. If you haven’t seen it (it did only come out last week) it’s basically about Mia (played by Emma Stone) trying desperately to make it as an actress despite many knock backs and her constant thoughts that she should grow up, finish her law degree and get a proper job. The other side of the film is about Seb (Played by Ryan Gosling) trying to make a living from his passion for playing jazz. The film highlights several things – the knock backs you face when you put your creative work out there, the struggle to get paid for it, and the importance of people spurring each other on! On this point a central theme is the two main characters constantly supporting each other and reminding each other of the importance of finding and following your passion.
 

 

It feels like sometimes admitting your creative flair is a bit of a taboo – especially if like me you’re known for having a practical job and not being particularly artistic or anything. As with many things in life you need your friends to support you in any creative endeavors (Seriously use the natural flair your friends have for things – they might not even charge you ;) ) and if you collaborate with them you’ll learn more about talents you never even knew they had! So I want to use this blog post to shout out some of my crazy talented friends and how we’ve supported each other.

With that in mind – my friend’s blog is exceptional – I’m going to link it right hereee  http://sashatoyou.blogspot.co.uk/  she’s had one hell of a life and basically is serializing and discussing it so refreshingly and in such an interesting way.. .I thought I knew her backwards but even I’m learning new things…! Because of her I realised I could put my writing out there as well.

Another of my best friends is a graphic genius (responsible for a lot of the layout/graphics you see before you!) She continually supported me to get this blog off the ground and I will be forever grateful! She honestly kept bugging me until I put time aside to properly write because she knew how important it was to me.

Last but not least – I have a friend who is the most incredible artist. Her artistic creativity inspires me more than she realizes particularly as she never loses sight of her pure love for art and music.

So here’s to the friends that inspire you, prop you up when you’re down and are general legends!

Rachel / Author & Editor

Welcome to Rachel relates - semi serious life advice for those navigating their twenties. Feel free to browse or email rachelrelates@gmail.com for specific advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates