Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Monday 27 February 2017

A Conversation with my 18 Year Old Self

Rachel

                    So I thought it would be super fun to write an imaginary dialogue between me now and me when I was 18! I’d be super curious what any of you would say to your 18 year old self? How would you compare who you were then we who you are now? What would 18 year old you think of you now?? Are you where you thought you'd be in life?
 
 

18 Year Old Me: Oh my actual days – you’re 27 this year. SO. DAMN. OLD … you’re married by now right? No?? Engaged at least.. what, not even that? Jeez. Did you boss university?? Do you have a super high paid job?

26 Year Old Me: Hahahahaha. No. No to all of the above. But that’s ok. You’ll go through some miserable times between 18 and 26 but you’ll learn a lot. You don’t feel the need to post twatty statuses on Facebook any more – you know the sort ‘Buzzzzzingggg for tonighttttttt’ ugh. Why. Just why. So yeah, a lot more responsible on social media these days. The good news is you have a nice man, rent a lovely house and have a good job. It wasn’t the easiest ride but you made it.

18 Year Old Me: Ok, but do you have the same friends?? Please tell me you have the same amazing music taste.. Do you still love festivals???

26 Year Old Me: Mostly yes to all of this. A couple of friends have dropped off along the way but essentially the same amazing inner circle! Yes, you still love festivals – at least one a year! Similar music taste – not as much spare time to listen to music sadly!

18 Year Old Me: Do you feel like a proper adult yet?

26 Year Old Me: Honestly?? Not really. But I think in the next couple of years… You might buy a house this year by the way.. GULP!

18 Year Old Me: NO WAY. How? Actually, don’t tell me, I don’t want to know.. is it legal??

26 Year Old Me: Yes, yes it is! Also, try not to worry so much. You’ll hit your milestones when you hit them. You’re way too young to worry as much as you are! Focus on having fun – it won’t last forever.

I’m trying to think what 18 year old me would think of the woman I’ve become. I hope she’d be proud. I hope she’d be happy with how much I’ve learnt! And the learning curve is still going.. J  

Rachel / Author & Editor

Welcome to Rachel relates - semi serious life advice for those navigating their twenties. Feel free to browse or email rachelrelates@gmail.com for specific advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates