Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Wednesday 25 January 2017

The 10 Items That Hold the Most Sentimental Value for me and Why

Rachel

                                    I thought I’d do something a little different on the blog today and just go through my most prized possessions and why they mean so much to me! I love these kinds of posts so I hope you’ll enjoy reading about a few of my treasured items!

1)      A Painting by my Grandfather

This is my prized possession – it’s a picture of some 20’s flapper girls that my grandfather painted in the 80’s and it’s beautiful! It used to be in grandmother’s flat and now it hangs in my bedroom. It reminds me of the importance of family which is an added bonus.

2)      My Fashion Book Collection

Some of these have been presents and some have been picked up at exhibitions and shows – they include Audrey Hepburn – Portrait of an Icon from the National Portrait Gallery Show, The Alexander McQueen book which accompanied the V&A exhibition and Coco Chanel The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon.

3)      My Clock

This was a present for my 22nd birthday from a close friend and has a wonderful old fashioned feel to it as well as a Parisian theme which is always a bonus in my book..

4)      Audrey Hepburn Print

The print is of Funny Face and I picked this up in Camden market on one of my favourite summer days of 2014. It reminds me of going round the market with friends then seeing Annie Mac at Koko that evening.

5)      Box of Festival Wrist Bands

Some of my happiest memories are at music festivals. I just love the atmosphere and the feeling of mutual happiness – as well as getting to the front for my favourite artist! I first went to a music festival in Sweden when I was 18 and have had the bug ever since.

6)      My Stepmother’s Pearls

My Stepmother is a wonderful woman who I’ve always had a fantastic relationship with. She passed onto me her mother’s pearls a couple of years ago – I love them and they only come out for special occasions…

7)      Picture Collection

These range from a picture of my mum and I on my first birthday to uni days and my best friends 21st and each and every memory is special!

8)      Star Wars figurine

This was an in joke present from my other half on our first date J

9)      Silver Bracelet

I was given a beautiful silver bracelet by a family friend who is no longer with us so needless to say this means a lot to me.

10)   Cambridge Satchel Company Bag

I’d been DYING for one of these beautiful bags for years and for my birthday a couple of years ago my parents granted my wish like the wonderful birthday fairies they are!

So there you have it.. a few of my most important items – I’d love to hear yours in the comments
J

Rachel / Author & Editor

Welcome to Rachel relates - semi serious life advice for those navigating their twenties. Feel free to browse or email rachelrelates@gmail.com for specific advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates