Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Wednesday 1 February 2017

It's Ok Not to Feel Ok

Rachel

        So I was planning for my next post to be Wild Women Part 2 (don't worry that's coming soon)– but then something happened that I wanted to talk about..
 

I had a bad day. Not a two or three things go wrong and you feel shit for 5 minutes bad day, a I didn’t want to speak to anyone, everything felt on top of me, sobbing all evening bad day. And I realised something… that it was ok, I survived. Everyone has days like that, no one is perfect, no one has an ideal life.

I was furious with myself that I let stuff get on top of me and I wasn’t doing everything ‘perfectly’. I perceived that because I’d made a mistake and then let my anxiety about that control me that I’d failed somehow. I’ve never been the best at putting things into perspective and this experience was no different. But a day is just that – a day. There’s always another day, another chance to learn from your mistakes (however annoying and or painful that might be).

I was meant to swim – I didn’t. I was meant to write – I didn’t. And that’s ok, as long as I don’t give up on those things forever and I try again tomorrow.

What I did however was soak up the massive love and support which is around me. Within minutes people who care about me deeply had listened and more importantly brought me yummy desert…

I’m very lucky - people rallied round me like troopers – and that’s for life, not just a day.

Rachel / Author & Editor

Welcome to Rachel relates - semi serious life advice for those navigating their twenties. Feel free to browse or email rachelrelates@gmail.com for specific advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates