Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Friday 24 March 2017

Here Comes The Sun (do do do dooo)

Rachel

 
              I used to be a winter gal. I think when I was younger the lure of Christmas and my birthday in winter and the magic of all the lights everywhere and long cozy evenings won me over. But the older I got my ‘fresh start’ tended to be April and the Spring / Summer started to become my favorite time of year.



I think this maybe has something to do with the long history of amazing Easter holidays in my family – the start of the year can be a bit bleak so growing up my parents always made sure we had a break for Easter – either abroad or in our favourite hotel in Dorset. I can remember thinking that once that happened the year had properly started! (Ah to be young and able to while away 3 months of every year…)

I’ve found, particularly the last couple of years that by the end of the year I’m burnt out and want to change something significant about my life (see last post on changes) then it takes me the first few months of the year to sort out exactly what I want to change and how I’m going to do it. By the time the start of summer kicks in I’m usually quite settled in a routine and that’s how I stay – until the end of the year when I review everything and the whole above process starts again.

As I’ve mentioned before I’m a huge festival fan and obviously these primarily happen in the summer months. I’m going to Glastonbury for the first time in a little while this year and cannot wait! Most of my life has been spent in places where there’s lots of general fun stuff to do in summer as well. Brighton where I grew up obviously has the beach walks and South Downs as well as the bars and cafes and London has the lure of the museums and galleries and general culture (rooftop bars, outdoor cinemas etc.) – the V&A pool outside in the summer is one of my happy places.

Who knows if it’s the longer evenings, cider and prosecco or outdoor markets that have done it but since becoming a Londoner I’ve definitely found the true benefit of spending the summer in the city…

Rachel / Author & Editor

Welcome to Rachel relates - semi serious life advice for those navigating their twenties. Feel free to browse or email rachelrelates@gmail.com for specific advice.

1 comments:

  1. The transition from Winter to Spring is a great time, watching the bleak empty spaces slowly fill with searing vibrant colours is fantastic! It means we can enjoy our garden and the parks and beer gardens ;) I am still a big winter fan ( what ginger isn't) but Spring certainly runs it close.

    ReplyDelete

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates